Please make a donation and help me secure this incentive.
Here's another clue for my 24 hour event in November.
The clue from my previous post was a sound effect waveform from the games I'll be playing. (It's a jumping sound effect)
- I'm having problems/errors when donating. It's not working!
- For some people, errors may occur and sometimes it only works when donating under USD. This is usually when a donor is donating using an AMEX credit card. For many donors American Express won't work. You can try a different card or contact me, and I'll process the credit card directly with BCCHF.
- Another issue is that your web browser may be the problem. Try clearing the cache. If that doesn't work, you can also try clearing the data. It might be simpler to try using a different web browser or try using a different device.
- Tip: When filling out your billing address, make sure you change your country first if you do not reside in USA.
- How do I donate in Canadian Funds?
- If you use PayPal, the amount can only be charged in USD. To be charged in CAD, you must select the credit card option and then you can choose the CAD option.
- When you choose CAD option, your credit card will be processed in CAD so you should not incur any foreign exchange fees when using a Canadian credit card.
- You'll see an option to cover processing costs. I recommend keeping this option unchecked. BC Children's Hospital will still get 100% of your donation whether you choose this option. The value on the website will only show the lower amount, however.
- If you choose the option to "cover processing costs," it increases your donation value by 7%. You will receive a tax receipt for the full amount you were charged, and BC Children's Hospital Foundation will receive the full amount that you have donated.
- The website fundraising total will count your donation in USD, so even though you made a $100 CAD donation, it would show up as a number around $75, although your credit card would be charged $100.00. Your tax receipt will be in the full CAD amount.
- When do I get my tax receipt?
- Although you get an email confirmation and a valid US tax receipt immediately after making your donation, Canadian donors will receive a separate tax receipt which will be emailed out later in February 2023 for your donation.
- There is an option to choose anonymous. However, if you do, I won't know who has donated. Please email me and let me know you made the anonymous donation which would be helpful to me so I can properly credit you with the donation. If you truly want to remain anonymous you can choose this option.
- Regardless of choosing anonymous, the tax receipts are issued in the name specified for the cardholder for credit card donations or under the PayPal account name if donated via PayPal.
- How much should I donate?
- The more the merrier! Even if you donate only $1, an additional $10 will be made by Patsy Hui which would be a total of $11 going to help sick children. The bonus $10 donation does not count towards the challenge donation.
- What happens when the dice tower falls?
- I'll keep track each time it falls for any reason (e.g. I accidentally bumping the table too hard, at the end of the event, $50 will be donated by Patsy for each time it collapses. If you challenged me to stack multiple dice, and it has collapsed before I placed them all, then a new tower will start and any remaining dice will be used.
- Is your total raised on this webpage measured in CAD or USD?
- The website total shows in USD value, if I get a $100 CAD donation it will add about $75 to my fundraising page here. I will convert the USD back to CAD when calculating for the challenge bonuses. So, if I see $36.63 USD donation, I'll assume you made a $50 CAD donation and you can request a $50 challenge for me.
Extra Life Archive
- 2022 - Star Wars: The Gamer Strikes Back - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2021 - Diablo 2 - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2020 - Dishonored - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2019 - Borderlands - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2018 - Extra Life Challenge - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2017 - The Lord of the Rings - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2016 - Star Trek - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2015 - Back to the Future - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2014 - Star Wars - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2013 - Donate to Vote - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive