💰 Please donate by clicking on the donate button at the top of this page. Patsy Hui will donate an additional $10 for each unique donor.
You can choose between USD🗽 and CAD🍁 currencies when donating by credit card. PayPal and AmazonPay only charges in USD.
There is an option to choose anonymous. However, if you do, I won't know who has donated. Please email me and let me know you made the anonymous donation which would be helpful to me.
Please note that the tax receipts are issued in the name specified for the Cardholder for credit card donations or under the PayPal account name if donated via PayPal. Please see the bottom of this webpage for more details in the FAQ.
2022 Extra Life
This year, I am bringing back my favourite movie franchise and doing Star Wars once again. Please check my fundraising page as I will be updating it regularly with more event information.
For those who came here from my Craigslist postings, please mention "ExtraLife Challenge" for discount on my Craigslist items. Donation not required. All donations will be matched. *see below for more info.
Craigslist items for sale:
- https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rch/fuo/d/richmond-ikea-hemnes-drawer-dresser/7527516308.html $200 discounted to $160 - SOLD!
- https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rch/fuo/d/richmond-ikea-tullsta-chair-with-white/7515454532.html $50 discounted to $40 - SOLD!
- https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rch/fuo/d/richmond-ikea-markor-office-desk/7515436687.html $40 - SOLD!
- https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rch/fuo/d/richmond-northeast-folding-dining-chairs/7525257283.html $60 discounted to $40 - SOLD!
- https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rch/fuo/d/richmond-bernhardt-sofa/7534867550.html $700 discounted to $600
Soon to come: Bedside lamps, ikon D5300 DSLR camera (maybe)
Thank you! $8,363 raised in 2021!
My Diablo themed Extra Life raised $6,763 + $1600 Patsy Hui bonus donations = $8,363 CAD for 2021
I finished the game on Normal difficulty and also the Secret Cow Level! 🐮
Archive of the fundraiser on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8242TbYYFo&list=PLqf0nFYcQPUsmSYFHi-1HiJDMJ9fLYDH1
Who am I
Welcome to Aaron Hui's Extra Life fundraising page. This will be my 10th time doing the Extra Life event. I have raised $53,193.51 for BC Children's Hospital since I started back in 2013.
Once again, all donations of any amount on this website will be matched by at least $10. My #ExtraLifeChallenge donation bonuses will be making a return, as well additional bonus donations.
I had lots of computer troubles recently and it's been six years when I last made a major upgrade to my computer, so I decided to get a whole new rig. I'll be streaming in 4K this year. I will be playing Star Wars computer games like I did back in 2014 except with more recent games such as Jedi: Fallen order and Squadrons.
My marathon will begin streaming from here and my YouTube channel. The date will be announced soon, but will be around the official date of Saturday, November 5, 2022.
Based on the amount you donate, you can challenge me to complete activities listed below. You may allocate your donation to multiple challenges. For example, if you donate $100 CAD, you may request one multiplayer match ($50), three Star Wars trivia questions (3 x $10 = $30) and add two dice to the Tower (2 x $10). The best way to send me the challenge is through the YouTube live chat during the event. However, when you make the donation, you can choose the option to send me a message where you can specify your challenges. You can also contact me via Skype (username: SurfWarrior), email or on Google Chat (aaronhui77 'at' gmail.com).
All prices below are in 🍁Canadian CAD🍁
- $10 – Dice Tower Challenge. I'll have a webcam set up on a tower of dice. For every $10 you can challenge me to add a dice to the tower. When the tower collapses, a matching $50 donation will be made for each time the tower collapses plus the resulting values on the collapsed dice will be added up as additional bonus donation dollars. The Extra Life logo on the 6-sided dice will be valued at $10 instead of $6. (See also: Challenge Bonuses). For $50, I will do a bonus dice and add six dice to the tower. The first dice will be a 20-sided die!
- $10 – Star Wars Trivia Challenge. Ask me a Star Wars trivia question. The question must be answerable based off Star Wars canon movie content and is easily verifiable (by a Google Search or quickly reviewing the movie), excluding credit information (So no "Who is the actor that played Gold 5?" type questions, please). (See also: Challenge Bonuses)
- $10 – 🎲Let it Roll🎲 Challenge. (A good option if you don't have a preference.) I'll roll a two six-sided dice and do the following:
- 2 - 10 more minutes⌚ - I will add and additional 10 minutes to my marathon
- 3 - Add 5 dice to tower - I will add 5 more dice to the tower🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲
- 4 - Push-ups - I will do as many push-ups💪 as I can. $1 matched for each push-up.
- 5 - BB-8 Sphero Course - I will race my Sphero around a course🏁 laid out on my desk. If I fail to complete the course, I will match $20. This course goes around my dice tower.
- 6 - One-handed Lefty mode - I will play with just my left hand👍 for 2 minutes.
- 7 - Star Wars Trivia Classic - I will play my custom Star Wars Trivia game based on the original trilogy movies.
- 8 - Star Wars Trivia Prequels - I will play my custom Star Wars Trivia game based on the prequel trilogy movies.
- 9 - Star Wars Trivia Sequels - I will play my custom Star Wars Trivia game based on the sequel trilogy movies.
- 10 - Sit-ups - I will do as many push-ups as I can. $1 matched for each push-up.
- 11 - Reveal Childhood photo - I will display a childhood photo👶 on my stream.
- 12 - Change my T-Shirt - I'll change my shirt👕 to another Extra Life or Star Wars T-Shirt
- $20 – Try Not To Laugh Challenge. 🤣 You have two options for this challenge. You can send me a link to an online video. I'll watch the video up to 1 minute, and try not to laugh or smile. Or, you can Skype in live and try for 60 seconds to make me laugh or smile. (See also: Challenge Bonuses)
- $50 – Head-to-Head Challenge. 🎮 Challenge me to one of the head-to-head multiplayer video games. More details here. (See also: Challenge Bonuses)
- $50 – 💣Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes💥 Challenge. Join in live on video and/or audio using Skype, MS Teams, Zoom and help me defuse a bomb. (See also: Special Challenge Event)
Please send me suggestions. I will continue to add and adjust this list.
Patsy Hui is once again sponsoring my Extra Life event and will make bonus donations if I succeed or fail specific challenges. Last year, we raised a bonus of $1,600 from these challenges that go directly to help support sick kids!
- $20 - Aaron fails a Star Wars trivia challenge.
- $20 - Aaron fails a Try Not To Laugh challenge.
- $50 - Aaron loses to a head-to-head multiplayer game.
- $50 - The Dice tower collapses. (It will be reset for additional rounds.)
- $75 - Successful bomb defusal. (*see Special Challenge Events)
Additonal details to come!
Special Challenge Events
💣Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes💥 Challenge. Donate $50 and you can choose this challenge. Viewers from the YouTube live stream can help me defuse the in-game "bomb." Anyone can also help by typing into the Live Chat or by Skyping or calling in. The bomb defusal manual is available at http://www.bombmanual.com.
The game parameters will be 8 minutes to defuse a bomb with 5 random modules. Needy modules and hardcore mode are off. If we are unsuccessful in defusing a bomb, $10 will be added to bonus donations for each module within the bomb that is successfully deactivated. So if we happen to complete 4 of the 5 modules, $40 will be added.
Details to come
tbd.Most likely on Saturday, November 5, 2022 from 8am to Sunday 7am Daylight saving time ends
I'll be doing challenges on demand and will take a break from my current game as soon as it is convenient.
- How do I donate in Canadian Funds?
- If you use PayPal, the amount will be charged in USD. To be charged in CAD, you must select the credit card option and then you can choose the CAD option.
- When you choose CAD option, your credit card will be processed in CAD so you should not incur any foreign exchange fees.
- You'll see an option to cover processing costs. I recommend to keep this option unchecked. BC Children's Hospital will still get 100% of your donation whether or not you choose this option.
- If you choose the option to "cover processing costs," all it does is increase your donation value by 7%. You will receive a tax receipt for the full amount you were charged, and BC Children's Hospital Foundation will receive the full amount that you have donated.
- Ideally, please do not choose the anonymous option when you make a donation. If you did by mistake, please email me and mention when you made the donation so I can properly credit you with the donation. If you truly want to remain anonymous, by all means!
- The website fundraising total will count your donation in USD, so even though you made a $100 CAD donation, it would show up as a number around $80, although your credit card would be charged $100.00. Your tax receipt will be in the full CAD amount.
- When do I get my tax receipt?
- Although you get an email confirmation and a valid US tax receipt immediately after making your donation, Canadian donors will receive a separate tax receipt which will be emailed out later in February 2023 for your donation.
- Can I combine my donation with a friend of mine to challenge you?
- No. You cannot combine your donation with another donor for the purposes of challenges.
- How much should I donate?
- The more the merrier! Even if you donate only $1, an additional $10 will be made by Patsy Hui which would be a total of $11 going to help sick children. The bonus $10 donation does not count towards the challenge donation.
- Can I Skype/Zoom you during your Live Stream?
- For a minimum donation of $20, you may join in on a video conference using Skype, MS Teams or Zoom. Please make arrangements with me and send me a message through the YouTube chat first. Your webcam will be displayed on the Live stream. Please be courteous and keep it clean.
- What happens when the dice tower falls?
- I'll keep track each time it falls for any reason. At the end of the event, $50 will be donated by Patsy for each time it collapses. If you challenged me to stack multiple dice, and it has collapsed before I move them all, then a new tower will start so any remaining turns will be used.
- I've already donated and I haven't sent you my challenge. Is it too late to do so?
- Not at all! You can contact me in the Live Stream during the event, or email me beforehand. If you want to witness it, it is best to message me through the live chat on YouTube. However, the broadcast will be archive if you want to view it later.
- Is your total raised on this webpage measured in CAD or USD?
- The website total shows in USD value, if I get a $100 CAD donation it will add about $75 to my fundraising page here. I will convert the USD back to CAD when calculating for the challenge bonuses. So if I see $37.30 USD donation, I'll assume you made a $50 CAD donation and you can request a $50 challenge for me.
Extra Life Archive
- 2021 - Diablo 2 - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2020 - Dishonored - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2019 - Borderlands - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2018 - Extra Life Challenge - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2017 - The Lord of the Rings - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2016 - Star Trek - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2015 - Back to the Future - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2014 - Star Wars - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive
- 2013 - Donate to Vote - Fundraising Website - Full Marathon YouTube Archive