On November 10th at Gamehole Con, I'll be playing games with Dungeons and Dragons for 24 hours to raise funds for sick kids at my local children's hospital!
**SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM FOR DONATION REWARDS OPTIONS**
When playing Dungeons & Dragons, it's not uncommon to finish up a campaign with your characters saving the world or rescuing innocents. It seems many adventures you watch on twitch.tv/dnd have some variation of that theme set in a fantasy world… but fans can have a strong, positive impact in this world, too.
Extra Life is a charity organization D&D has been happy to be involved with since 2013, where gamers stream themselves playing together with the express purpose of driving donations to the Children's Hospitals Network. For 2018, we’re expanding our livestreaming and other efforts and encouraging fans to help drive even more donations.
D&D Twibbon: Add a twibbon to your Facebook/Twitter profile to show your support! Download here.
D&D Extra Life Apparel: Available via Custom Ink, your choice of shirts and hoodies, with multiple designs.
I (Amy Vorpahl) will be playing in the Saving Throw Show's livestream (8A-12P PT) and Chris Perkin's D&D livestream (6P-10P PT), both on Saturday, November 10th, on twitch.tv/dnd! See you there!
Taking place in Madison WI Nov 8-11, Gamehole Con will be running a great number of events in support of Extra Life! These include the following games livestreamed on twitch.tv/dnd:
Fri, Nov 9th: 8AM-12PM PT Dungeon of Doom with Stefan Pokorny DM: Stefan Pokorny
Extra Life is a 24-hour fundraising and gaming marathon to support Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
On Game Day (Nov. 3rd), I will join the thousands of gamers and dedicate an entire day to play games and get donations from friends like YOU!
100% of the donations go to my local hospital. TOGETHER we will make a difference for sick kids!
Your donation is tax-deductible and will make miracles happen for families who desperately need them. You can click the "Donate" button at the top of this page to make a safe and easy online donation.
DONATION REWARDS FOR CHRIS PERKINS D&D LIVESTREAM:
Please help me reach my Extra Life goals; for fundraising, I’ve set the following donation incentive rewards. Just mention what reward you’re choosing in the comments or in email when you donate. Limited rewards will be stricken from the list if/when they are first chosen.
Rewards for Players:
· $10: CLAIMED! Choose my character’s name. (Limit 1/1) Result: Corpsey P. Spooky-Doo
· $10: Choose a background trait for my character (bond, ideal, or personality trait: the more creative and outlandish, the better!). (Limit 2/4) Results: 1) Flaw -- Corpsey P. Spooky-Doo has realized that In fact, the world does revolve around her. 2) She has a habit of speaking out loud in film noir style monologue.
· $20: CLAIMED! Grant my character a potion of healing. (Limit 3/3)
· $25: Grant my character a re-roll during the game. No limit. (2 so far)
· $25: Grant my character use of a random effect (one use from a wand of wonder, one draw from a bag of tricks, or one wild magic surge). (Limit 3)
· $25: CLAIMED! Grant my character an uncommon magic item (determined by the DM). (Limit 2/2)
· $50: CLAIMED! Grant my character a rare item (determined by the DM). (Limit 1/1)
· $50: CLAIMED! Create a secret backstory for my character: Result: It's a secret, but lets just say my hands and facial expression might give it away immediately. (Limit 1/1)
· $100: CLAIMED! Win my gear; I’ll send you my dice, dice bag, and character sheet used in the game. I’ll even throw in my copy of Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. (Limit 1/1)
· $200: CLAIMED! Grant my character a wish spell to use during the game. (Limit 1/1)