You're invited on our year-long quest to raise money to help children in need. Extra Life is all about playing games and raising money to support Children's Miracle Network. With your help, we can slay monsters like cancer and cystic fibrosis for kids.
Our 48-hour D&D Extra Life game runs October 2 to October 4. This year I'm not running a 24-hour game. Instead, we'll be rotating through various DMs over 48 hours, and each DM will run his or her own adventure. That brings me to...
Design My Adventure
This is your chance to mangle my adventure and make something glorious. Here's what you do:
- Look through the donation options below.
- Click "Support Me" at the top of the page.
- Choose one of the donation options or "Other" at the bottom to choose a different amount.
- Leave a message with your donation to let me know what incetive you'd like to receive.
What we know...
- Demon Lord—Fraz-Urb'luu, the Prince of Deception and Demon Lord of Illusions, will feature in the adventure. How is up to you!
What you can do...
- $5—You Rock—Thanks for the donation. We really appreciate the contribution and you'll get a personal thanks from me!
- $10—Reroll—Buy me a reroll to use during the game to punish the players.
- $20—Behind the Screen—I'll email you a copy of the notes from the adventure I'm running.
- $30—Name an NPC, Item, or decide catchphrase/battlecry—You make up the name for one of the non-player characters or magic items in the game, or alternatively, you can pick a phrase I'll have an NPC say during the game.
- $40—Unpleasant Surprises—Grant the bad guys surprise in an encounter.
- $50—Buy a Monster—I will incorporate your favorite monster into the campaign, either as a challenge for the characters or some fever-dream delusion they encounter.
- $60—Magic Items—I will incorporate your favorite magic item or artifact into the campaign.
- $70—Riddle Me This—I will include some horrible riddle or puzzle that you devise for the players.
- $80—Cameo—Choose a character from pop culture or one of my previous games, and I'll incorporate that character into the game. Drizzt, Gandalf, Malcolm Reynolds, Slurpy? It's up to you!
- $90—It Was All a Dream—Since my adventure features Fraz-Urb'luu, I'll feature your favorite dream cliche. Pick one:
- A character or NPC will appear completely naked.
- The players/characters worst nightmares will be realized (probably spiders)
- The characters will at some point appear to fall to their death.
- The characters will encounter pits of snakes.
- The character will try to flee but their legs won't move.
- The characters will awaken to realize it was all a dream.
- The characters will have some kind of surreal encounter in which their MINDS control everything.
- The characters will find themselves taking a standarized test.
- $100—Adventure Title—You can name the adventure. I will incorporate your chosen name into the adventure I run.
- $150—Killer Dice—I will mail you one of the sets of dice I use during the game.
- $250—The Bilsland Special—Pick from three of the $100 or less options, plus I'll send you some cool shit from my personal D&D collection.
- $500—Your Game, Your Rules—You can: (A) Play in a session in one of my home-games. (B) I'll run a short adventure online for you and your friends.
BUT WAIT, There's More
So this year, I'll actually be playing D&D as well as DMing. Weird, right? If you'd like to mess with my character instead of my adventure, here's a few options for you.
- $20—Class, Race, or Background. Choose my character’s class, race, or background from the Player’s Handbook.
- $20—Bond, Flaw, Ideal, or Personality Trait. The donor makes up a bond, flaw, ideal, or personality trait for my character.
- $20—Battle Cry or Catchphrase. The donor makes up a humorous heroic slogan that my character might utter in battle, such as “I am a sexy centaur!” or “For the glory of pants!”
- $20—Faction. Allow the donor to pick my faction, choosing from the Emerald Enclave, the Harpers, the Lords’ Alliance, the Order of the Gauntlet, or the Zhentarim.
- $20—Alignment. The donor chooses my character’s alignment from those in the Player’s Handbook.
- $20—Reroll. I gain a reroll to use during the game.
- $20—Potion of Healing. My character gains one potion of healing.
- $50—Name. Allow the donor to pick my character’s name.
- $50—Critical Success. My character can automatically roll a 20 on a single attack, check, or saving throw.
- $50—Critical Failure. I can choose to make the DM automatically roll a 1 on a single attack, check, or saving throw.
- $100—Level Up. My character starts one level higher.
- $100—Magic Item. My character gains a random magic item determined by the DM.
- $250—Extra Life. My character can return from 0 hit points to full hit points once during the game.
- $500—Make a Wish. My character gains access to the wish spell once during the game.